Mushroom, Sun Dried Tomato, Asparagus & Bell Pepper Omelette with Baby Swiss Cheese
2 Eggs (local, pasture raised preferred)
1 T Whipping Cream
Pinch of Salt & Pepper
1T Oyster Mushrooms, small dice
1 tsp Sun Dried Tomatoes, small dice
1 tsp Asparagus, small dice
1 tsp Bell Peppers, small dice
1 T Baby Swiss Cheese, grated
- Heat skillet on medium high heat with one teaspoon of oil or butter. Tilt the pan to coat the bottom and sauté mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, asparagus and bell peppers until soft. Set aside when done.
- Lightly beat eggs, whipping cream, salt and pepper.
- Heat skillet on medium high with a teaspoon of oil or butter. Tilt the pan to coat the bottom.
- Pour your egg mixture into the skillet making sure to pull the sides of the eggs away from the skillet so that that uncooked eggs can reach the hot pan surface. Continue cooking and gently moving cooked portions as needed.
- When the top surface is thickened and no liquid egg mixture remains, place your sautéed vegetable and swiss cheese on one side of the omelet. Fold the other half over. Slide onto plate and serve immediately.
Sage Hill Inn Above Onion Creek